Web API: Token
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Token operation logins a user, either using the username and password, or as part of the SAML 2.0 authentication using the previously fetched samlhash. An access token is returned as a response, which is used to identify the session in the following Web API interactions.
The token request is following:
Url: POST qprpa/token Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Body (form data with username, password and grant_type fields): username=myUserName&password=myPassword&grant_type=password
When using SAML 2.0 authentication, instead of the password, the url needs to have a samlhash parameter (value for it has been received earlier using /qprpa/saml2/acs):
Url: POST qprpa/token?samlHash=<samlhash>
Note that the path doesn't contain api, unlike other operations in the Web API. Example url: https://customer.onqpr.com/qprpa/token.
Request body contains the following parameters (encoded with x-www-form-urlencoded):
- username: Login name of the user
- password: User password (empty in SAML 2.0 authentication)
- grant_type: use always text "password"
The response contains the following fields:
- access_token: contains the access token (session id).
- globalPermissions: Global permissions of the user as comma separated list.
- serverVersion: Version of the QPR ProcessAnalyzer server.
- token_type: contains always "bearer"
- userSettings: All user-specific settings in stringified JSON format. Contains the following settings:
- uiLanguage: UI language of the user.
- dateFormat: The date time format used to present dates.
- firstDayOfWeek: The first day of the week shown in e.g. calendars. 0 is Sunday and 1 is Monday.
- use12HourClock: Whether the 12-hour clock is used when presenting time information.