Creating Process Mining Model
Jump to navigation Jump to search
As an overview, following objects need to be set to create a model that uses datatables:
- Create datatable for events (eventlog)
- Create datatable for case attributes. (Case attributes are not mandatory, so this step is optional.)
- Create a model that use the datatables.
Here are step-by-step instructions how to create a model using datatables:
- Go to the Workspace (by clicking in navigation menu or in the Home screen).
- Create a new project for the model by clicking the parent project and clicking NEW -> Project. (Alternatively you can use an existing project.)
- Make sure the target project is selected, click NEW -> Datatable.
- Select the created datatable and Import.
- Select a CSV file, adjust settings for the file and click Start import. (If you don't have any data available, you can try out the sample files).
- For the case attributes data, create also a new datatable and import data to it. (This is optional, as case attributes are not mandatory to create a model.)
- Open the models list in the header, and find the target project. Hover the project and from the menu (dots icon) select Create model.
- Model Properties dialog opens. Define a name for the model.
- Open the Cases datasource tab, select the cases datatable, and to the Case ID field define the column that contains the case id's.
- Open the Events datasource tab, select the events datatable, and define the columns that contains the case id's, event type and event time.
- Click the Save button to close the dialog.
- The model has now been created! You can start analysis by going to the Process Discovery and select the created model from in models list in the header.