Filtering in QPR ProcessAnalyzer
Filters define a subset of cases and events in the model. This subset of data can be used in the analysis for a specific need. A filter contains one or several filter rules, which are applied in the defined order. Cases/events are excluded if there is a single filter rule, that excludes the cases/events (thus there is an AND type of logic between the filter rules). Filtering functionality is described in more detail in the concepts section.
You can save your filter selection by hovering your mouse over the filter dropdown menu (without clicking) and choosing "Save new filter" from below.
This will propmt a pop-up window where you can name your filter and confirm your selection by clicking "Save". You can also define whether to set the filter to be published only to you (Private), everybody (Public), or if the filter is the default filter for the model (Default Public).
Turning off Filter Rules
It's possible to turn off (disable) individual filter rules in a filter. When a filter rule is turned off, it's not applied, i.e. it doesn't have any effect on the calculation. The turned off filter rule is still preserved as part of the filter, and it's thus easy to turn the filter rule on again. This way, filter rules can be toggled on and off without removing them.
Users with at least the Analyzer user rights can modify and delete the saved filters of a model. You can do this by opening the Filters list, hovering your mouse over a saved filter and clicking on the three dots that appear on the right edge.
When you go to the "Actions" tab you have the following options:
- Delete: Delete this filter permanently.
- Duplicate: Create a copy of this filter.
- Replace: Replace this filter's rules with the selected rules in the header.
- Export: Export this filter's rules to a file.
- Import: Replace this filter's rules by importing new rules from a file.
For example, the following filter rules are available:
- Include/exclude cases based on case attribute values: For example, include only those cases where case attribute "Account Manager" is "Patricia White" or "Mary Wilson".
- Include/exclude cases having certain event type(s): For example, include cases that have event types "Invoice Created" or "Invoice Paid" (either or both).
- Include/exclude cases having certain flow(s): For example, include cases that have a flow from "Outbound Delivery" to "Handling unit". To match, there must not be other events between those two events.
- Include/exclude cases based on case duration: For example, include cases the case duration is over 50 days. Case duration is the last event timestamp minus the first event timestamp.
- Include/exclude cases based on flow duration: For example, include cases the flow from "Sales Order" to "Outbound Delivery" is over 5 weeks.
- Include/exclude cases belonging to certain variation(s) (sequence of events): For example, include cases belonging to variation "Sales Order sent" -> "Invoice Created" -> "Invoice Paid".
- Include/exclude cases having certain event attribute value(s): For example, include cases having event(s) with event attribute "Organization" is "Finance".
- Include/exclude cases having certain part of variation: For example, include cases where variation starts with "Sales Order sent" -> "Invoice Created" -> "Invoice Paid".
- Include/exclude event types: For example, include event types "Sales Order sent", "Invoice Created" and "Invoice Paid".